Sunday, May 21, 2006

Eggs in a basket (part 2)

A comment from Jo, a reminder that once again I have forgotten an important part of “love” and relationships; the other person…

Here is what she wrote:

“I was touched by what you wrote because it is so different from what I believe. I think LOVE is something you create with someone who mutually believes in the relationship. Love isn't something mysteriously out there like a buried lost treasure waiting to be discovered but a possibility lying within each of us available under the right circumstances. I feel like I just rained on the Romantic parade :-(“

It is through voices like Jo’s, ones that are not afraid to challenge and put their beliefs forward, that we learn. She’s right; without believing that I am entirely wrong, she has brought up an interesting point that I often forget: it takes two.

Her “challenge”, was not taken as a “rain on [my] romantic parade,” but an addition to it (and one that is greatly appreciated). Although I still believe that the potential for love could be around any corner, I see her point that it already exists within each of us. It is a matter of timing, it is a matter of commitment by both parties and most importantly it is something that everyone must be open to for it to truly happen.

Thanks Jo! The “rain” didn’t squelch my belief, but instead turned my head to an aspect I was forgetting and is giving the thought the nourishment it needs to truly grow.

LOVE is a treasure; not one that is lost, but one that is just waiting, within each of us, to be unlocked at the right time, under the right circumstances and with the right person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home