Monday, June 26, 2006

Just in time

One last night out before impending surgery; showtunes, perfect! A Monday night just like any other, only different.

I was there to cut loose and enjoy; nothing special, just a send off from some of my closest friends before a trip to San Diego that could’ve lasted a month. A no pressure evening where I could be surrounded by people who care and music I love. No expectations, just good company.

Then HE walked in; an image of pure beauty - 5’10 with a build that gave him the perfect V and a polo shirt that showed it all off. The Cowboy was there with me and we both noticed; no, we both gawked. I don’t compete with The Cowboy – he has it all over me and I love living vicariously through his exploits, so I encouraged him to make his move. Thirty minutes later we were all introduced to this object of lust and I couldn’t take my eyes off him. To my surprise, his attention shifted from the Cowboy to me.

Before I knew it, his hat was on my head, his hands on my body and my attention was all his. Beautiful blue eyes, shaved blonde hair and a smile to die for, conversation just flowed; my hands wandered and for the first time in a long time, I felt “chemistry”. Someone I was interested in was interested in me… just in time, just when my confidence in myself had waned, I was sent the kind of sign I needed.

The perfect age, brains to match the beauty and then the flaw… He’s from Nashville in for just a few days. The flirting was nice; no, the flirting was great… Now, the question: do I pursue? He’s in Nashville and I am back in DC. Do I call? Is it worth risking the fantasy just to see if someone who lives 1,000 miles away might still be interested or available?

1 Comments:

At 27 June, 2006 12:29, Blogger adam daniel weiss said...

doooo it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home