Sunday, February 04, 2007

Day 1 – all over again

The Springhill Suites in Edgewood, Maryland… What did I get myself into?

It is the night before my first day on my first client in my new job. I’ve been working on the launch materials for two weeks, assisting the senior manager and beginning to understand exactly what the project is going to entail. I feel comfortable to say, I still don’t have a full idea of the scope. I know we will have a strong team, but the learning curve and growing pains are going to be interesting to navigate.

It’s a change in lifestyle. I left my usual Sunday night crew to drive an hour and a half north and embark on this new adventure. I’m excited; I’m nervous, but most of all excited. I am sitting in my hotel room listening to “Grease, You’re the One that I want” and realizing that my goal is becoming a reality. Months ago, I set-out to find myself a new job. I’ve arrived.

People say, “be careful what you wish for”, I was and am happy I had the courage to make the wish!

2 Comments:

At 06 February, 2007 12:58, Blogger Eternally Recovering said...

Well done, love! I am most happy for you.

 
At 06 February, 2007 17:13, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Make that two of us. Can;t wait to drink to your -- and Richard's! -- new jobs this Friday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home