Friday, October 06, 2006

Returning to Reality; on a bus


(This entry is out of order and should have been posted on September 25th)

My birthday weekend has come to a close. As posted, I did wake-up with ‘someone’ on my birthday, but I had the added bonus of going to sleep with someone that night as well. It was unexpected (at least to me) and exactly what I needed…

He is British, living in Qatar and works for Al Jazeera. We corresponded a few times before he came to Washington over e-mail, but I didn’t think our paths would cross. Luckily, my travel schedule changed and we were able to meet.

Over the two week period that he was here I saw him several times. We had dinners, attended parties and went out together; not every night, but enough that I know I will miss him. The night of my birthday (and the night of the knitter’s party) was his last night in DC. I invited him to the party, and was pleasantly surprised when he changed his plans to be sure he was there. We spent most of the night doing our own thing, schmoozing, talking, but not with each other. The night came to a close and I found myself curled up on an outdoor lounge with him; the perfect way to end an evening.

The knitter and I drove him back to his corporate apartment, I got out to hug him good-bye and wish him a safe journey back to Doha when it came…

His blue eyes had a hint of sadness and disappointment, his head tipped a little bit to the left and he asked with his adorable British accent, “What? You’re not spending the night with me?” How could I resist?

We went upstairs, got ready for bed and laid there, talking, caressing…

The sun came up before I dosed off, I woke a couple hours later to him folding himself into my arms and thanking me for making his business trip to DC so enjoyable. We grabbed breakfast at Starbuck’s, said our good-byes and kissed on the corner of Connecticut Avenue and K St. He turned to head back to his apartment to pack and catch his British Airways flight for London and I headed to 16th Street.

It wasn’t until I was on my way home that it hit me; I had a two week fantasy relationship that lasted through my birthday. A time filled with dinners and stories of glamour and luxury and now I was returning to my life, my world on a bus…

1 Comments:

At 06 October, 2006 22:40, Blogger The [Cherry] Ride said...

Yay for you, Jason!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home