Monday, December 18, 2006

All in time for the New Year

My office is packed, my whiteboard is empty, my in-box is clear and I am ready. The new job that I have been pining for is mine and I begin on January 2nd. I have closed out my current position and (perhaps with too much eagerness) have packed up my office. The excitement has built and I am over eager to begin with the commercial Human Capital practice. I am leaving behind some of the international focus I had, but am sure that it will return in time…

I am now faced with a dilemma: what do I do for the rest of the week? With my office packed, things closed out and no ‘real’ commitments how am I supposed to pass the days. I can’t take off (well, I could, but that would be a waste of PTO.) I have gotten good at Zuma, Text Twist and bejeweled (all available for free online) and am booking as many “good-bye/good-luck” lunches as I can handle. I know that in a few months from now I will have the opposite issue “too little time and too much to do”, but for now time is passing too slowly. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 20 December, 2006 12:32, Blogger Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

clearly you will be blogging like a mad woman :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home